cylinder head number issue?

Having problems with your 200 or 400? This is the place for asking advice and help on technical problems. Resident experts will be on hand to help you keep your car in tip top condition
pkronic

cylinder head number issue?

#1 Post by pkronic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:23 pm

hello again so nice and simple one i cant get to see my engine code but basically the person who had my car befor me said he replace the 1.4 engine for another 1.4k series so yh fair enough little 1.4 spi engine BUT does it share a cylinder head with the 1.8 k series??? on the cylinder head on the engine in my car theres a code so i searched it "ldf106290" and its coming up with 1.8t k series cylinder head on ebay. i maybe wrong in thinking the cylinder heads will have a diffrent code but thought id ask as one of you will know :)

crepello

Re: cylinder head number issue?

#2 Post by crepello » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 pm

They did evolve over time - auto tensioner, VVC etc. We'd need to know your engine serial number to offer accurate advice.

pkronic

Re: cylinder head number issue?

#3 Post by pkronic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:04 pm

crepello wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 pm
They did evolve over time - auto tensioner, VVC etc. We'd need to know your engine serial number to offer accurate advice.
is that the one you need to take the exhaust manifold off to see? the only reason im asking is cuz i want to figure out if the matey did indeed put a 1.4 in it or did he by accident put a 1.8 in the car. i dont mind if he did but id preffer to know if he has