Alarm ECU - 45

Having problems with your 200 or 400? This is the place for asking advice and help on technical problems. Resident experts will be on hand to help you keep your car in tip top condition
Yorkshireman

Alarm ECU - 45

#1 Post by Yorkshireman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:58 pm

The battery on my 2002 45 died and had to be replaced. The keyfobs now do not work. I followed instructions in the manual e.g. pressing buttons 5 times to re-sync them and all website suggestions with no luck so took car to an auto lock-smith who checked that the fobs were sending a signal and re-coded the ECU which solved the problem.
However when I got home and tried locking the car they do not work again so I am back to square 1. The locksmith now suggests that either the ECU or receiver are faulty. Does anyone know where the receiver is on my model? Also, I have a alarm ECU and fob off a Rover 400, if I swap my ECU for this one (assuming it's the same part) will that solve the issue or is it not that simple?

JOHNDQ

Re: Alarm ECU - 45

#2 Post by JOHNDQ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:25 pm

If you want to swap any parts without programming you will need the engine ECU, key fobs and 5AS unit from another car. The 5AS unit is a black box up behind the main fuse box in car up near the accelerator pedal which receives the immobilizer signal from the directly from the key fobs

Yorkshireman

Re: Alarm ECU - 45

#3 Post by Yorkshireman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 pm

OK Thanks.