Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:32 pm

We are returning to Coventry Transport Museum (CV1 1JD) on Sunday 16th October for this year's Annual General Meeting.

Club cars can be parked on 'Millennium Place' (the hardstanding in front of the museum) from 11am until 4.30pm (please bring a drip tray if your car is likely to spill any fluids, otherwise you may be sent off to the nearby Sainsburys to get some cleaning materials) :wink3 If you are coming in/on something else, there is a Pay and Display car park just behind the museum.

The meeting will take place at 2pm in the museum's 'Bettmann Suite' upstairs. Entry to both Millennium Place and the museum is free of charge.

All paid-up club members are entitled to vote at the meeting (please bring your membeship card), guests/prospective members are welcome to attend and speak if there is enough room.

User avatar
1234dist
Club Member
Posts: 3686
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 420 Turbo Saloon
Location: Chapel of Dist, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby 1234dist » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am

i can't go for two reasons, i don't like coventry and i have a local classic car show (less than 5 miles away) i've been asked to attend.

But i will be there in proxy, might finish on time without me being there :rolleyes
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R170FEU
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP
220 Coupe Turbo M622UMO (Donor for below)
Coupe Project K785OAT(LongTerm WIP)

User avatar
gbs100
Club Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:47 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 214 Hatchback
Location: middlesbrough

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby gbs100 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Im planning on attending again this year with my 214 sei . That,s if my gearbox holds out. :unsure

cabriolet106
Club Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet
Location: Teesside

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby cabriolet106 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 pm

I will be there. Might give the 216 Cabriolet a rest and bring my Triumph Acclaim for a change.

StubbornPatriot
Club Committee
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Hatchback
Location: Northampton

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby StubbornPatriot » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:14 am

If anyone has any items that they would like to raise that are likely to take more than 10 minutes discussion could they please make me aware of them by Thursday of this week and we can decide whether they need a separate agenda slot. Smaller items can be raised in AOB. At the moment, the only one I am aware of is for some discussion on a club Twitter feed (assuming those interested and in the know are going to be present).

Thanks, Duncan.
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + Triumph T160V

Mr Teddy Bear
Club Member
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 414 Saloon
Location: Bristol

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby Mr Teddy Bear » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:37 am

I want to spend five minutes on the JRC.

Also could all those attending and driving be aware of the 5 MPH speed limit across the square in front of the museum. This is usually a pedestrian area used by cyclists, walkers, kids on skate boards etc; who are not expecting vehicles traversing the area. Thank you.
Teddy Bear

Rover 216 GTi Flame Red 1992

Rover 414Si British Racing Green 1995

Rover 216GTi TC Ocean Blue 1993

User avatar
1234dist
Club Member
Posts: 3686
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 420 Turbo Saloon
Location: Chapel of Dist, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby 1234dist » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:13 pm

That also means no burn outs and bbq's unless yo want to clean the flags again.

:laughing2
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R170FEU
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP
220 Coupe Turbo M622UMO (Donor for below)
Coupe Project K785OAT(LongTerm WIP)

StubbornPatriot
Club Committee
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Hatchback
Location: Northampton

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby StubbornPatriot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Please find attached copy of the Agenda for this year's AGM.

Cheers,

Duncan
AGM 2016 Agenda (without logo & map).docx
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + Triumph T160V

StubbornPatriot
Club Committee
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Hatchback
Location: Northampton

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby StubbornPatriot » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Here are the minutes of the 2015 AGM in their bare bones (all the graphs and spread sheets are available in the full document, but this is too large to add as an attachment - please PM me if you want a copy sending to your e-mail address. 2015 Minutes will be available in hard copy at the AGM.

Minutes of 2015 AGM

Date: 11th October 2015
Location: Coventry Museum of Transport
Meeting started 1.30pm

Attendance

John Batchelor Jeremy Howson
Jonny Swan Shelley Kenton-Irvine
John Cooper Simon Boosey
Graeme Scurrah Howard Williams
Carl Martin Paul Donachie
Terry Wood Kevin Norman
Paul Vincent Duncan Billingham
Tim Button

Apologies Received

Tom Pinney


The Chairperson gave a brief on safety/fire drill showing where the fire exit was and what to do if the fire alarm was raised.

The Chairperson then asked for adoption of the previous minutes. No issues were raised regarding their accuracy and acceptance was proposed by John Batchelor and seconded by Paul Vincent. Acceptance carried unanimously by the attendees.

Chairperson’s Report – Tim Button

Tim read his report as per the attached document (Attachment 1). Tim particularly stressed the impact of the sectioned car at the 2014 NEC show, it being a particular point of attraction. Tim praised John Batchelor and Jeremy Howson for their effort and success in getting the club magazine restarted and issued. Tim believes that this may well help to stem the unhealthy membership turnover. It was also mentioned that John Batchelor and Duncan Billingham had represented the club at the Joint Rover Club meeting.

Treasurer’s Report – John Batchelor

John presented the accounts as per the attached document (Attachment 2). A full list of accounts is available if required from the Treasurer.

Carl raised a query against the accounts regarding web hosting fees.

Costs have subsequently been confirmed as:-

Web hosting fees were £40 for 2013, £50 for 2014 and were both claimed this year by Lindsey.
Domain names amounted to £138 and were for 3 domains over the years 2006-2104, costing between £6 and £8 per year.




Membership Secretary Report – Tom Pinney

In Tom’s absence, the chairperson read through Tom’s Membership Secretary’s Report (Attachment 3). This was then supplemented by additional information from the proposed incoming Membership Secretary (Jeremy Howson).

Tim summarised:

As at 27th September 2015:-

Total active membership is 69; no change on last year. 42 are renewals, down 25% on last year and 27 are new members; approximately a 35% increase compared to last year once again. Of those who disclosed how they came across the club, 60% were through internet search and 24% word of mouth.

Tim expressed concern about retention churn. From the report, Tim also questioned the accuracy of the distribution of membership shown.

Jeremy informed the meeting that membership now stood at 74, with recent additions and that an increased number had taken the 2 year membership option. Duncan Billingham commented that we must remember to take this into account when estimating next year’s income.

Simon Boosey raised the issue that he was unable to sign on to the website and asked how many other prospective members were discouraged by similar problems. There followed some impassioned discussion regarding problems using the web-site. The issues mainly centred round joining on-line, access to Member only forums and the colour coding of user names. Jeremy Howson explained that recently joined members should soon have the correct access and colouring, there have been some delays while Jeremy took over from Tom. John Batchelor confirmed the ways membership could be paid while the on-line payment method was not functioning (either by cheque or Paypal to John). Tim related these problems to some of the issues with the status of the web-site management/ownership and the problems there were with maintaining user updates. It was agreed to discuss Membership issues if time permits at the end of the meeting, otherwise to have this discussion elsewhere.


Events Report – Paul Vincent

Paul read through his Events Secretary’s Report (Attachment 4), highlighting, in particular, successes at the NEC (2014) Show and BL Day. We also received an invitation to the Restoration Show in 2015 but didn’t feel equipped to accept.

Paul confirmed that we have been allocated a stand at the NEC for 2015 and that the Coupe Club would be helping and supplying one of their cars, as their club had not been invited.

Simon Boosey added that he had got some (or had the possibility of getting) Rover dealership flags and possibly more stuff from a closing Rover dealership. Simon to find out more.

The Manchester Show was suggested for next year, with the hope that the club could get someone in the area to muster representatives.

Paul hoped that we would be able to take up an offer for the Restoration Show in 2016 if an offer were forthcoming. Duncan Billingham volunteered either of his 2 ‘project’ cars as subjects to be worked on.

It was suggested Paul forwards event information to someone with Facebook access (to be followed up later/after the meeting).


Motions for consideration by the membership

Membership Expansion vote

John Batchelor led on this proposal, having suggested it as a possibility at last year’s AGM. The topic has been discussed over the year on the club forum, on the club facebook page and at events.
The proposal was to encourage enthusiasts all variants of the Rover 200 & 400 into the club.

There was some heated discussion on this issue. There was some feeling against letting MG versions into club expressed as they were already catered for by other car clubs. It was clarified that the Rover Streetwise would be included as it is clearly a Rover-badged 25 derivative. The MG versions will not be included.


A postal- and internet- ballot of all club members had been held leading up to this AGM with any new members able to vote at the AGM. John Batchelor confirmed that the ballot wording was to permit all variants of the Rover 200, 400, 25 and 45 into the club. The combined vote was 30 ‘for’, 4 ‘against’. Motion carried. John Batchelor to change the constitution to read:-

“The aim of the club is to recruit and bring together owners and enthusiasts of all Rover 200, 400, 25, 45 badged models including the Rover Streetwise and to promote and encourage further interest in the Rover 200, 400, 25, 45 and Streetwise models both within and outside the membership of the club.”


Motion to elect Lindsey Smith as 'Life Time President' of the Rover 200 & 400 Owners Club

In recognition of Lindsey’s work in setting up the club & website, hard work acting as chairperson, magazine editor and being webmaster. 9 ‘for’, none against. The motion to make Lindsey Life President was raised and circulated before the AGM and proposed during the meeting by Tim. John also proposed Trevor Walbridge & Tom Pinney to be lifetime members in recognition of their contribution – carried, none against. This proposal was originally expected to be cost neutral but John suggested that Lindsey, Tom and Trevor ought to benefit by not having to pay club subscription fees. A cost to the club of £25.50pa max.


The Website its maintenance and future possible alternative web solutions?

Discussion raised and led by John Batchelor who said that the expansion of the club means that the website needs to be changed to reflect the new models now being catered for and that the big factors are ability to create/edit content and cost. We are talking only about the web-site here, not the forum. The forum is considered to be good and fit for purpose and any new web-site will continue to direct users to the appropriate area of the forum. The current site is constructed using Joomla. Lindsey does not have time to update it. John has a friend who could transfer to a new infrastructure on HTML templates, customised to the club’s requirements. Tim Button stressed that any new site must contain the required deliverables and be robust. Effectively any new site must go through a mini Full Development Life Cycle and User Acceptance Testing. John’s friend, Giles, is doing for nothing except £19 transfer fee. Access to ‘Members only’ elements of the web-site/club was raised with a suggestion that this should be reviewed and ideas for new forums sought. Giles’ proposal to be put on web-site for assessment/comments. Once set up maintenance would not be dependent upon Gilles. It is understood that Lindsey just wants to see it pass into safe hands. The members present agreed to allow John to further develop this plan.



Election of 2015/2016 Committee Members

Chairperson – Tim happy to continue not contested. Proposed by Duncan, seconded by Jeremy.

Vice Chairman – not required.

Secretary - Duncan – Proposed by Tim, seconded by Paul.

Treasurer – John happy to continue – Proposed by Tim, seconded by Graham

Membership Sec – Tom is standing down due to commitments outside the club. Jeremy offering to do it. Proposed by Duncan, seconded by John. No other candidates, therefore elected.

Events Organiser – Paul to continue. Proposed by Kevin, Second by Simon.
Graham, Simon and Howard identified themselves to assist in covering gaps in Paul’s availability and in a technical capacity handling social media communications.

In answer to a query regarding committee positions it was stated that members may chose to stand on the day, however it would be preferable if most of this can be sorted out before hand via a thread in the membership section of the club forum.


Programme of Events for 2016 Season

The following meets were suggested:-

March Restoration Show
April PoL
July Gaydon BL show
August BL Day Peterborough
September Milton Keynes BL Day.
September Indoor show Event City, Manchester
November Lancaster Classis Motor Show at the NEC, if we get invited.
Also
MG Saloon Day
Cars in the Park, Lichfield
Simon’s contacts could be good source of events.

Members were encouraged to suggest and/or seek out other opportunities and to either pass them on to Paul, or raise them on the forum.

Any Other Business

“What would kill our cars?”
Carl Martin raised the topic, which has been discussed on the club forum. Electrical issues and rust being most likely causes, in addition to accident damage. There are currently no actions that the club can take to remanufacture susceptible components but club members are asked to remain open to ideas.

“Do we need more club banners?”
Carl Martin asked if this was necessary as the old ones, especially the ‘plumbing one’, had seen better days. John said that the club now have a new metal frame for that one but that we need to consider new artwork for banners due to expansion to cover all 200/400/25/45 models. John and Carl to propose what can be produced or bought but to seek approval from the club committee before any purchase.

Association of Vintage Cars
Terry Wood offered to liaise with Jeremy on this.

“Not welcoming enough at Events”
Howard Williams raised this after attending the 2015 BL Day at Peterborough but following discussion it was realised that the group in question were not in fact connected with this club. It was felt that this club is generally very ‘open’ when attending events and this is reflected by the number of membership leaflets handed out to prospective members.

Calendar 2016
Carl Martin offered to produce this and asked for any photos to be sent to him within 3 weeks.




There being no more topics to be discussed, the Chairperson thanked everybody for their attendance and contributions at what had been a very productive meeting and the meeting closed at 3.50pm.



Attachment 1 – Chairman’s Report 2015

The club now appears to be recovering after some disappointing set backs last year.
We have a number of new people willing to help run the club. Our year started to turn around after our successful display at last years NEC Classic Car Show. A big thank you to everybody who brought their car to the show and volunteered to man the stand during the show. A especial 'Thank You' to John Batchelor who rescued the Club sectioned 414GSi, prepped her and trailered her to the show. The vehicle certainly attracted a lot of attention while I was there and may be the reason we have been successful this year, where other clubs have not. Thanks to Paul for organising another well run club stand.

John Batchelor and Jeremy Howson between them are the clubs newsletter publishing and editorial team. After a number of years of false starts, a regular newsletter should help to retain members and grow the club.

The proposed changes to the club at this years AGM exacerbate the need to have a clear plan regarding the website, moving into the new year. Our present Webmaster wants to stand down; we have two choices,[ 1] commission a new site or, [2] update and maintain the current one. This may well stretch our finances and involve specific fund raising, should we opt to go with a commercial website builder/provider. There are possibly other options here.

During the year we have lost Trevor form the secretaries post and co-opted Duncan into the role until a new secretary can be elected at the AGM. Trevor has also stood down from his Vice Chair role and I believe at the last JRC meeting we were represented by John Batchelor? After a number of years as Membership Secretary Tom Pinney has stood down and Jeremy Howson has volunteered to stand for nomination. Needless to say this is a crucial role, without it our income stream dries up and we have no club. Thanks to Tom for all his hard work and perhaps he will come back at some point in the future?

That's all I have to say at present as the AGM is nearly upon us!

Attachment 2 – Treasurer’s Report 2015

Introduction

The club’s accounts show that at the date of the last Annual General Meeting, on 7 th September 2014, the balance was £2713. This shall be taken as the opening balance. The accounting period was taken as 3rd October 2015.

Income

During this year, the club received a total of £1352 in income from various activities. A little over 50% of this was membership subscriptions but included website sponsorship from Rimmer Bros and Chris Knott Insurance. The income to cover the costs of hosting the JRC meeting at Gaydon is included but balances out with expenditure.

This year regalia sales amounted to £165 from sales of club Polo shirts, largely organised by Craig Mansley.

Income from membership subscriptions is now by Paypal and cheques directly to the Membership Secretary. Paypal appears to work well but needs to be included in the club’s website updates.

Expenditure In 2014/15, the club’s expenditure totalled £1458.

The largest costs were associated with the Club’s stand at the Lancaster Classic Motor Show at the NEC in November at a total of £426. This included preparation and transport of the sectioned show car, which was also shown at the 25th Anniversary celebrations at the Heritage Centre. Second was internet hosting and domain name registration at £233 the former covering 2014 and ’15 as Lindsey submitted expenses for both years at once.

This expenditure included club stationery, postage costs and membership of the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs. It was also the club turn to host a JRC meeting at Gaydon but costs were equally shared amongst all attending clubs as usual.

Debtors

The club needs to reimburse towing costs of £40, AGM costs of £80 and ink/postage costs of £44 via expense claims.

Profit/Loss

The club made a small loss over this period of £106 with debts of £164. So the total annual loss was £27 0. This is attributable to the purchase of club polo shirts, which we still hold stock valued at £210, and the late submission of internet hosting fees from 2014.

Closing Balance

As expenditure outstripped income, the club’s net balance decreased slightly during the year, resulting in a closing balance of £2503.

Due to the timing of this year’s AGM this represents 13 months activity:

2014/2015 Credits Debits £
Opening Balance 07/09/2014 2713
Expenditure 1458
Income 1352
Closing Balance 06/09/2014 2339
Expenses owed = £164

Conclusion

The club’s expenditure during the year exceeded our income by a small margin.

Our Lloyds bank account continues to work well. And the addition of Paypal method gives us a second method to receive and send money. The Lloyds account has incurred no fees, as we are in credit, and Paypal fees are miniscule.

The Club does have considerable funds which need to be used wisely to help the club to expand. If the club membership votes to widen to cars covered we may need to purchase items such as club flags with modified graphics to reflect the cars covered.

Income & Expenditure Account

Balance at 7th September 2014 £2532

Income

Membership Subscriptions 756.00
Regalia 165.00
Chris Knott 114.00
Rimmer Bros 200.00
Repayments from JRC members 116.00
______
Total: £1352

Expenditure

Internet Hosting 95.00 (includes 2014)
Domain name renewal 139.00
JRC meeting hosting costs 139.00
Printing/posting/stationary 63.00
Public Liability Insurance 180.00
FBHVC membership 33.00
NEC show stand electricity 161.00
NEC Show car preparation and transport 265.00
Polo shirts – including artwork 381.00
Paypal fees 0.49

Total: £1458

Net Profit -£106

Balance at 7 th September 2014 £2503

Debts -£164

Closing Position £2339

Regalia stock Polo shirts – 14off @£15 210

John Batchelor, Treasurer 3 rd October 2015
Attachment 3 – Membership Secretary’s Report 2015

As of 27th September 2015.

Total active membership is 69; no change on last year. 42 are renewals, down 25% on
last year and 27 are new members; approximately a 35% increase compared to last year once again.

The following graph breaks down where our UK members are by county:




On average we have had about 2 new members join per month this year (a 50%
increase) with the new members joining throughout the year, with a slight peak over
the summer show season.



The 2 year membership itself has shown a significant increase in take-up amongst new joiners this year with only 30% of all new members taking up the option, compared to 15%. This membership option has also increased its popularity with those who are renewing; 52% of renewals are for two years.

We have had 33 members not renew in the last 12 months, a 10% increase on last year’s losses. This represents a churn rate of 48%, compared to 40% last year, so slight deterioration in retention this year.

Of the 20 new members who joined in the last twelve months 93% chose to tell us how they found out about the club, a further improvement on last year. Those who responded told us they are finding us using the following method:

• Internet search 60%
• Magazine adverts 4%
• Shows 12%
• Word of mouth 24%
• Other sources 0%

The following graphs show a breakdown of the 200/400s owned by our membership. This data is based on the 88% of our current members who have provided details of their cars when they joined. This does not include data where members have more than one 200/400.







Attachment 4 – Events Organiser’s Report 2015

Firstly, I really appreciate the support and encouragement I have received from John B and Jeremy this year: enthusiasm can be infectious! I would still welcome any assistance that club members may wish to offer, such as establishing a presence at regional events. Now that we have a regular newsletter available, I would hope that we can grow the ‘out and about’ side of club life. I still only have a limited amount of free time available for the ‘Events’ role and would be happy to step aside if somebody else would like to take it on.

We were pleased with our display at the NEC last year while at the same time we were able to take a look at what went well and at ways we could improve future indoor shows. This year we have been granted a stand there once more and we are grateful for the help of the Coupe Club (who themselves were not allocated any space this year) in making their carpet tiles available to us and assisting us in sourcing a good Coupe to display.
We will be displaying a total of four cars, with four different body styles. I have completed the relevant paperwork for us, although NEC regulation changes this year have increased the amount of responsibility placed on individual clubs for health and safety related tasks.

Once again, I have not applied to ‘Event City’ in Manchester this year, as I have had too many other commitments to give that show the attention it would need. I do think it would be worthwhile having a display at this indoor show again in the future if we can get a good selection of cars there.

Other major events attended by us this year were ‘Pride of Longbridge’ (special thanks to John B for assisting the show organisers with marshalling), ‘BL Day’ at Peterborough and the Leyland Day at Gaydon. The latter was particularly well-supported, with some cars coming long distances to join us and one of our members winning a Concours award with his 220 GSi.


Paul Vincent
October 2015
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + Triumph T160V

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairperson
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby GTiJohn » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Bring waterproofs or brollys for the morning but it looks as if it'll dry up around midday :D
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

cabriolet106
Club Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet
Location: Teesside

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby cabriolet106 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:57 pm

It'll be dry all day my Cabriolets staying at home !!!!!.... :laughing2

Hammond
Club Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:42 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 416 Saloon
Location: 3hrs from Dist

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby Hammond » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:48 pm

My penalty notice finally came through for driving through that stupid bus lane on the day. Didn't know how to get into the entrance :cursing
Guess it's a lesson I won't repeat next year :headbanging
Current:
416GTi Auto 'Diamond White' (J reg)
214i Sprint 'Flame Red' (1994)
MGF 1.8 VVC Freestyle 'Solar Red'

Previous:
216GSi Auto 'Gold' (H397 HUD)
414Si 'Ocean Blue' (R478 AHJ) Bubble
414SEi 'Bermuda Blue' (V52 VFL) Bubble
214SEi 'Nightfire Red' (M755 SVR)

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Hammond wrote:My penalty notice finally came through for driving through that stupid bus lane on the day. Didn't know how to get into the entrance :cursing
Guess it's a lesson I won't repeat next year :headbanging


Isn't there a rule that penalty notices have to be served within 14 days of the offence occuring and if this is not done, the notice is invalid?

or is that just an urban myth?

Hammond
Club Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:42 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 416 Saloon
Location: 3hrs from Dist

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby Hammond » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:10 am

Think it used to be like that but they changed that loophole :closedeyes
Current:
416GTi Auto 'Diamond White' (J reg)
214i Sprint 'Flame Red' (1994)
MGF 1.8 VVC Freestyle 'Solar Red'

Previous:
216GSi Auto 'Gold' (H397 HUD)
414Si 'Ocean Blue' (R478 AHJ) Bubble
414SEi 'Bermuda Blue' (V52 VFL) Bubble
214SEi 'Nightfire Red' (M755 SVR)

Nigel B
Club Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

Re: Club AGM, Coventry, Sunday 16th October: Guests welcome

Postby Nigel B » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:14 am

Hammond wrote:My penalty notice finally came through for driving through that stupid bus lane on the day. Didn't know how to get into the entrance :cursing
Guess it's a lesson I won't repeat next year :headbanging


Me too, came Saturday morning, strange to say glad I'm not the omly one!!


Return to “Events and Meetings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest