North West Rover Club

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

1234dist
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 420 Turbo Saloon

North West Rover Club

#1 Post by 1234dist » Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 am

Please note i have nothing to do with this just passing on information found. :cool

The North West Rover Club has been set up to organise meets for all MG's and Rovers across the North West of England and North Wales. The club is currently in it's infant stage, and I am trying to get enough members interested in attending regular meets across the following locations:

Cumbria
Lancashire
Merseyside
Manchester
Cheshire
Clwyd
Gwynedd

With increased interest becomes increased opportunities for our members. We already have plans to progress to the next stages should we reach our member goals. This could be things such as a regular monthly meet in different locations, to a full membership system with club stickers, shirts, and discounts from various automotive companies. I've already contacted Halfords to see what the criteria is to be eligible for 15% discount cards for the club.

Why Make a Club? Aren't There a Few Already?

Yes, but I believe every club has something different to offer. We are primarily based in the North West and North Wales. I've noticed that with larger clubs that cover larger areas (Like the whole of Britain for example), there are never any true organised club meets that accommodate all members. Any successful meets are usually limited to one or two areas where the organisers of that area do a good job, but other areas lack, and that makes it harder if not impossible for other members to engage in club meets, and this is why the NWRC covers a smaller area.

Some clubs tend to be very set in their ways, and any new member that joins that does things a little different with their cars can often be singled out or even insulted. I've joined clubs in the past where the members were incredibly set on keep their cars stock and OEM, and any mention of aftermarket parts, or even modifying the car got me a handful of abuse. NWRC welcomes anybody, and our policy is do what you want, as long as you're safe and sensible, much like ***********!

--------------------

I'm not here to steal members, and get them to join another club, because first and foremost, NWRC is a meet, a gathering of MG Rover enthusiasts in a specific location in Great Britain, and all we want is a few more people to join the Facebook group, to achieve a goal of 100 members, before I attempt to organise our first meet up.

So click the link below, join up, and stay informed for our first future meet up in the North West/North Wales area.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NWRoverClub/
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT (issues :glare )
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R170FEU
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
416 K-series Tourer R416NEB
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

ROVER-25X
Golden Oldie
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

Re: North West Rover Club

#2 Post by ROVER-25X » Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm out. :laughing2
ROVER-25X (2001 1.4 ROVER 25)
ROVER Cabriolet (1997 1.6 K-Series)
ROVER 25XD (2004 2.0TD ROVER 25)
ASTRA TwinTop 1.9CDTi

Jones
New Member - Welcome them!
Car Ownership: Other Rover

#3 Post by Jones » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 pm

You don't have to live in the North West or North Wales to be a member. If you're willing to drive to make it to a few meets then by all means do. There are some beautiful locations in North Wales especially so this should be a fun and interesting meet should it happen.

GTiJohn
Club Chairperson
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe

#4 Post by GTiJohn » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Living in the Midlands I'm fortunate to be fairly close to many major events and that many 'national' events tend to be somewhere 'in the middle'.

But many people end up have a long way to go to get to events so there's no harm in holding regional events. In fact, the more the merrier!
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

ROVER-25X
Golden Oldie
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

#5 Post by ROVER-25X » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 am

Meets are difficult to maintain, I organised a monthly North West meet for 8 years, it dwindled to nothing,
you will get good numbers at first but then they just vanish, a good location is key but we even tried doing
a Spring Meet on here, no interest. :sleep
ROVER-25X (2001 1.4 ROVER 25)
ROVER Cabriolet (1997 1.6 K-Series)
ROVER 25XD (2004 2.0TD ROVER 25)
ASTRA TwinTop 1.9CDTi