Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#46 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:22 pm

WE'RE IN POLE POSITION!

Put a large "P1" on a piece of A4 and make it visible to the marshals at Gate 1 when you arrive at the GROVELEY LANE entrance.


Expecting to see:-

1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz

and many more :D
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Vinny1979
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#47 Post by Vinny1979 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Might be here as it’s my weekend off after all.

However. I’m in my mk2 zs 180

I imagine I will be ushered to the side car park like 2017

:scared
1993 Rover 220 GSi Turbo , 2005 MG ZS 180 mk2

User avatar
1234dist
Club Member
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Chapel of Dist, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#48 Post by 1234dist » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:16 pm

That’s just because they know you :laughing2
Pastor @ Rover Revival NFP Garage
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

Dmac1969
Club Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:17 pm
Location: Berwick upon Tweed

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#49 Post by Dmac1969 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 pm

1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz
25. dmac1969 HHR 420 GSi
1997 420 GSi 4 Door , Flame Red. R447 AOT

Nigel B
Club Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#50 Post by Nigel B » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Count me in too, will be in Gordon the Tourer

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#51 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 pm

C'mon Nigel, Play the game... :wink3

1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz
25. dmac1969 HHR 420 GSi
26. Nigel B in Gordon the Tourer
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Jamesridgway1994
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#52 Post by Jamesridgway1994 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm

1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz
25. dmac1969 HHR 420 GSi
26. Nigel B in Gordon the Tourer
27. Jamesridgway1994 R8 416 sli tourer

Nigel B
Club Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#53 Post by Nigel B » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:46 am

I have no idea what you mean John

:laughing
GTiJohn wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 pm
C'mon Nigel, Play the game... :wink3

1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz
25. dmac1969 HHR 420 GSi
26. Nigel B in Gordon the Tourer

User avatar
1234dist
Club Member
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Chapel of Dist, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#54 Post by 1234dist » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:42 am

#1 means Gemma thought about us first, we should all be very proud of that fact. All the time and effort that goes into these events, the people on the stands and of course the cheerleaders from a far. All help to solidify the reputation of the club for years to come.

Well done all!
Pastor @ Rover Revival NFP Garage
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#55 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am

1234dist wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:42 am
#1 means Gemma thought about us first, we should all be very proud of that fact. All the time and effort that goes into these events, the people on the stands and of course the cheerleaders from a far. All help to solidify the reputation of the club for years to come.

Well done all!
Thank you for the appreciation but it didn't actually happen like that...

We asked about space to make our '30' and Gemma shuffled things around to get us a suitable location :angel
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

bigred25s
Club Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:47 pm
Location: Basingstoke Hampshire

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#56 Post by bigred25s » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:19 am

Jamesridgway1994 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm
1. GTiJohn
2. 1234dist
3. JohnDQ
4. Montegoman
5. Lhd216cabby
6. Paul_1978_yorks
7. Johnny 216GSi
8. Hammond
9. Mr Teddy Bear
10. 220 GSi turbo
11. Mrs.220 GSi t
12. rover416
13. ReubenVP
14. TimJ1962
15. non member 1 with 25 GTi
16. non member 2 with 25 GTi
17. non forum member with 214 SLi
18. jonno1237
19. Graeme
20. Barty50
21. clayts450 (Streetwise)
22. beef hhr 420
23. enginehouse123 216gtutc
24. swanndogzz
25. dmac1969 HHR 420 GSi
26. Nigel B in Gordon the Tourer
27. Jamesridgway1994 R8 416 sli tourer
28. bigred25s 1994 216 Coupe

Mr Teddy Bear
Club Member
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#57 Post by Mr Teddy Bear » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:02 am

I'm assuming that we get in via what at the moment looks to be a pedestrian only entrance?

From the South it's best to approach via Licky Hills B4096?
Teddy Bear

216 GSi Auto Pearlescent Cherry Red 1991

216 Sli SRS Charcoal Met 1996

216 GTi Flame Red 1992

414Si British Racing Green 1995

216GTi TC Ocean Blue 1993

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#58 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:32 pm

This should help

Image

We use Gate 1 and turn left into the park as we'll approach from the south.

Other groups in the northern end of the park will approach down Lowhill lane and turn right into Gate 2.

Gate 2 will be the exit when new arrivals die down
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

JOHNDQ
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:38 am

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#59 Post by JOHNDQ » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm

What sort of time do you think we should get there

User avatar
1234dist
Club Member
Posts: 6149
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Location: Chapel of Dist, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Pride of Longbridge 13th April 2019

#60 Post by 1234dist » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 pm

09:00 or be in the queue :boom
Pastor @ Rover Revival NFP Garage
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP

Post Reply