R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#16 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:25 am

StubbornPatriot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 am
Don't know yet. How far in advance do the hotel need to know?
You need to book a hotel yourself so you can leave it as late as your dare
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

StubbornPatriot
Club Secretary
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#17 Post by StubbornPatriot » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:19 pm

Cheapest room at Lucknam Park is £260 room only (£324 if you want breakfast), so I definitely wouldn't be staying over the night before. You said they need numbers in advance - do they need numbers of who is attending the event, or who is staying at their hotel?
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + ? + Triumph T160V

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#18 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:28 pm

GTiJohn wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:25 am
StubbornPatriot wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 am
Don't know yet. How far in advance do the hotel need to know?
You need to book a hotel yourself so you can leave it as late as your dare
Sorry - wrong event! Got confused with The Graduate :oops


Lucknam Park are only doing food for us so we'll probably confirm final numbers on Monday 7th.

Apols for the confusion caused.
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

User avatar
220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: The National Forest

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#19 Post by 220 GSi turbo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Annual leave booked today :)

Need to see if I can book my Dad's spare room for an overnight stop (he's only 10 miles away from Lucknam Park) :wink3

Then I will just need to dig deep and pay the DVLA some road tax :cursing

itcaptainslow
Club Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#20 Post by itcaptainslow » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:27 am

Submitted my annual leave request today for this :D
Rover 214SEI
Rover 75 Connoisseur (launch car)
Lotus Elise S

itcaptainslow
Club Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#21 Post by itcaptainslow » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am

Just had annual leave confirmed, so I’m a yes!
Rover 214SEI
Rover 75 Connoisseur (launch car)
Lotus Elise S

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#22 Post by GTiJohn » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 pm

1. GTiJohn
2. Craig Cheetham
3. Montegoman
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo
8. Colonel Mustard
9. John Heighington
10. Mr Teddy Bear
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. ….. :wink3
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Palio
Club Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#23 Post by Palio » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Thought I’d done this, but must have been in a dream! Should I be lucky 13, or is that someone called wink?

1. GTiJohn
2. Craig Cheetham
3. Montegoman
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo
8. Colonel Mustard
9. John Heighington
10. Mr Teddy Bear
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. ….. :wink3
14. Palio
1993 Rover 416GSi Auto
1998 Rover 820 Sterling Auto
1978 Fiat 127 1050CL
1979 Fiat 127 Palio
1982 Fiat Strada 65CL
1986 Fiat Panda 45CL
1986 Fiat Uno 70SL
1988 Panda 4x4 Sisley
1990 Fiat Tempra 1.8SX
1999 Alfa Romeo 3.0L V6 Auto

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#24 Post by GTiJohn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am

UPDATE FOLLOWING VISIT TO LP YESTERDAY (26/9)

Denis Chick (who set up the R8 Press launch at LP in 1989) and I visited yesterday and had a very good planning meeting.

The hotel and park are stunning !

Image

The staff are keen to make this an enjoyable event for us all. We have drawn up this proposed timing:-

11 Arrival at Lucknam Park
Noon Gather in Library (or similar room) for introductions, briefing and buffet lunch
1.30 Participants start drive. Drive is c. 1hr 30mins depending on traffic. It is over flowing A-roads and goes through a couple of villages
c. 3.00 Participants return to LP for coffee in Spa brasserie but parking in main car park at rear - (optional)

There will be a roadbook for each participating car and I will post the route here too to allow familiarisation.

We will be able to park at the front of the house before the drive

Image

We now need to confirm numbers so will all participants please add the following info to their lines below - any additional passengers (for the buffet lunch) and which R8 (so we can plan the parking) you'll be driving:-

1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington
10. Mr Teddy Bear
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio

Please add this info asap - I'll be confirming numbers on MONDAY 7th OCT and we cannot add cars after then.

This is going to be a memorable event :D
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Mr Teddy Bear
Club Member
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#25 Post by Mr Teddy Bear » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:20 pm

1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington
10. Mr Teddy Bear BRG 414 Si
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio
Teddy Bear

216 Sli SRS Charcoal Met 1996

216 GTi Flame Red 1992

414Si British Racing Green 1995

216GTi TC Ocean Blue 1993

cabriolet106
Club Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#26 Post by cabriolet106 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:10 pm

GTiJohn wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am
UPDATE FOLLOWING VISIT TO LP YESTERDAY (26/9)

Denis Chick (who set up the R8 Press launch at LP in 1989) and I visited yesterday and had a very good planning meeting.

The hotel and park are stunning !

Image

The staff are keen to make this an enjoyable event for us all. We have drawn up this proposed timing:-

11 Arrival at Lucknam Park
Noon Gather in Library (or similar room) for introductions, briefing and buffet lunch
1.30 Participants start drive. Drive is c. 1hr 30mins depending on traffic. It is over flowing A-roads and goes through a couple of villages
c. 3.00 Participants return to LP for coffee in Spa brasserie but parking in main car park at rear - (optional)

There will be a roadbook for each participating car and I will post the route here too to allow familiarisation.

We will be able to park at the front of the house before the drive

Image

We now need to confirm numbers so will all participants please add the following info to their lines below - any additional passengers (for the buffet lunch) and which R8 (so we can plan the parking) you'll be driving:-

1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams Rover 216 Cabriolet Platinum Silver.
7. 220 GSi Turbo
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington
10. Mr Teddy Bear
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio

Please add this info asap - I'll be confirming numbers on MONDAY 7th OCT and we cannot add cars after then.

This is going to be a memorable event :D

jonno1237
Club Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#27 Post by jonno1237 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:32 pm

i will be bringing the 214 gsi as my cabby is off the road , no extra passengers

User avatar
220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 2207
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: The National Forest

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#28 Post by 220 GSi turbo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:57 pm

1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo +1 Tahiti Blue 220 3-door
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington (jonno1237?) 214GSi 5-door
10. Mr Teddy Bear BRG 414 Si
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 4984
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#29 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:51 am

220 GSi turbo wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:57 pm
1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo +1 Tahiti Blue 220 3-door
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington (jonno1237?) 214GSi 5-door
10. Mr Teddy Bear BRG 414 Si
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio
1 week until entry to this event closes, so please add your details asap.
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

StubbornPatriot
Club Secretary
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: R8 Press Launch re-run - Oct 10th 2019

#30 Post by StubbornPatriot » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:53 pm

1. GTiJohn +1 in Tahiti 216 Coupe
2. Craig Cheetham +1 Lynx Bronze 214Si 5 door
3. Montegoman BRG 214GSi 5door (Number 1)
4. Simon Boosey
5. Graeme Scurrah
6. Howard Williams
7. 220 GSi Turbo +1 Tahiti Blue 220 3-door
8. Colonel Mustard Flame Red 214SLi 5door
9. John Heighington (jonno1237?) 214GSi 5-door
10. Mr Teddy Bear BRG 414 Si
11. Swanndoggz
12. itcaptainslow
13. Denis Chick Flame red 214Si 5 door
14. Palio
15. StubbornPatriot (1989 216GSi 5 door)
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + ? + Triumph T160V

Post Reply