Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

prepace
Club Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:03 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 416 Saloon
Location: Cambs

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby prepace » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 pm

220 GSi turbo wrote:
prepace wrote:I'm happy to help out on the stand on any of the days if needed, just drop me a line. It'll take me back to the mid 90's when I was selling them new! :)


PM sent


......and reply sent. :)
Current Rover

1990 'H' R8 416 GSi - White
1998 'R' R8 416 SE Tourer - Charcoal
2002 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur - Wedgewood Blue

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Red Icon wrote:Diane & myself can help out on the Friday if you still need someone, its been a few years since we could make it.


Trevor,

Yes please, it would be great if you could join us.

I will be in touch soon with all the details :)

Red Icon
Club Committee
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:05 pm
Car Ownership: Other Non-Rover

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Red Icon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 am

220 GSi turbo wrote:
Red Icon wrote:Diane & myself can help out on the Friday if you still need someone, its been a few years since we could make it.


Trevor,

Yes please, it would be great if you could join us.

I will be in touch soon with all the details :)


Thanks hope to see you there.

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:38 pm

OK, here is my understanding of the crew for each day:

Thursday setup: Me, Jeremy, John, Howard, Nigel, Duncan. Plus display car owners Steve, Mike, Alan. EVERYBODY ON THIS DAY WILL NEED A HI-VIS WAISTCOAT (I can probably help with this if necessary)

Friday: John, Howard, Trevor, Diane, Kevin, Matt, Alan.

Saturday: Jeremy, Howard, Nigel, Duncan, Simon, Matt, Alan.

Sunday: Me, Teresa, Jeremy, John, Howard, Nigel, Duncan, Dave. Plus display car owners Steve, Mike, Alan.

Jeremy has kindly provided me with contact details for everybody, so look out for arrivals in your inboxes and on your doormats over the next few days :)

beef
Club Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby beef » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:49 pm

will be up on the Thursday with RSP02 t drop it off and can help out set up the stand for a bit and then I can be there all day sunday

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:24 pm

beef wrote:will be up on the Thursday with RSP02 t drop it off and can help out set up the stand for a bit and then I can be there all day sunday


So that's our last Sunday ticket gone to a good home :)

Spitfired
Club Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 11:22 pm
Car Ownership: Other Rover

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Spitfired » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi ya. I will bring up on Thursday Morning. What time do you want the cars there by. What is the ticket allocation?

Is there anything else you need me to do?

Alan.
Mk1 Rover 216 SE EFI

montegoman
Membership Secretary
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 214 Hatchback
Location: North Bucks

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby montegoman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Alan, I have emailed you a draft show card to complete. If you haven't received it, can you let me know.
Jeremy
214SLi H706JPJ
214GSi G79XKV (No.1)
75 2.5 Connoisseur SE Tourer (12 yrs of ownership)

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 220 Turbo Hatchback
Location: The National Forest

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby 220 GSi turbo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Spitfired wrote:Hi ya. I will bring up on Thursday Morning. What time do you want the cars there by. What is the ticket allocation?

Is there anything else you need me to do?

Alan.
Mk1 Rover 216 SE EFI


Officially, we have a setup time of 9am, Alan.

But in reality, we will have few problems getting our cars in at any time during the day, as our stand is not particularly complex. I am posting the car pass and wristbands (one for each show day) to you, together with other relevant information.
I hope to arrive just after 9, as I am relatively local. It will all depend on the M42 on the day, as that can become a car park during the morning rush hour even before anybody crashes/breaks down!

Spitfired
Club Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 11:22 pm
Car Ownership: Other Rover

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Spitfired » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:05 am

montegoman wrote:Alan, I have emailed you a draft show card to complete. If you haven't received it, can you let me know.
Jeremy


Hi Jeremy, can you email it again for me. alanpwebb@hotmail.com and gccgse@gmail.com

Thanks.

Spitfired
Club Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 11:22 pm
Car Ownership: Other Rover

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Spitfired » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:07 am

220 GSi turbo wrote:
Spitfired wrote:Hi ya. I will bring up on Thursday Morning. What time do you want the cars there by. What is the ticket allocation?

Is there anything else you need me to do?

Alan.
Mk1 Rover 216 SE EFI


Officially, we have a setup time of 9am, Alan.

But in reality, we will have few problems getting our cars in at any time during the day, as our stand is not particularly complex. I am posting the car pass and wristbands (one for each show day) to you, together with other relevant information.
I hope to arrive just after 9, as I am relatively local. It will all depend on the M42 on the day, as that can become a car park during the morning rush hour even before anybody crashes/breaks down!


Hi ya,

That's fine, I plan to leave Sussex as early as possible, to get there as early as possible. However, as you say depends on M25 and M42.

Thanks

beef
Club Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby beef » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 pm

220 GSi turbo wrote:
beef wrote:will be up on the Thursday with RSP02 to drop it off and can help out set up the stand for a bit and then I can be there all day sunday


So that's our last Sunday ticket gone to a good home :)

it will be nice to have our bit of rover history there to show for the weekend :) look forward to being there on sunday :)

Nigel B
Club Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Nigel B » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Am I due to receive any parking clearance, health and safety paperwork so that I can deliver the display wall? :)

Raider
Club Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 8:16 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 214 Hatchback
Location: Lancs/Yorks Border
Contact:

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby Raider » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:53 pm

I have been roped in last minute to be on the Club Triumph stand to meet Stirling Moss no less on the Saturday.

I will make sure I get over to the Rover 200 club stand at some point as it will be great to meet a few of you :)
1969 Triumph 2000
1977 Triumph TR7 16V rally car
1982 Triumph TR7 dhc
1992 Mini Mayfair
1992 Rover 214i
1995 Rover 214 SEi
http://raidertr7.blogspot.co.uk/

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairperson
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Lancaster Insurance Classic Car show 2016

Postby GTiJohn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Do we need, and have space for, a (folding ) table and a couple of chairs on the stand?

It would give us somewhere to sit, which can become necessary...

I can bring mine along with the burgundy drape.
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams


Return to “Events and Meetings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest