Rover 220 GTI

Post pictures of your car here. We want pics!

Moderator: Forum Staff

harkins77

Rover 220 GTI

#1 Post by harkins77 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Rover 220 GTI

This was taken overlooking the Millennium Bridge in Stockton.

I also popped to Redcar as well to see if I could get some arty shots as well but there seemed to be every dog walker parked in the carpark at the time so I got what I could

roverman1

Re: Rover 220 GTI

#2 Post by roverman1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Looking good and those wheels do suit it well :clapping and still very shiny :D

nuff said!

harkins77

#3 Post by harkins77 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Still shiny because I took it to the car wash prior to taking the pics :*laughing my fat rear end off* Was still clean from the last time apart from a little road dirt. Can't believe how good it is on fuel as well. Half full at 20.00 from just on the red area.

Fatdave

#4 Post by Fatdave » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 pm

good looking motor and the rims really suit it. i'd be tempted to put some coupe mud flaps on the front and colour code the rear.
JS Performance group buy silicone breather pipes for T series turbo
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0997112995

e2jym

#5 Post by e2jym » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm

looks nice mate
find me on facebook jamie jackson snr
[url]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home[url]
the best way powerd by special k

harkins77

#6 Post by harkins77 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Fatdave wrote:good looking motor and the rims really suit it. i'd be tempted to put some coupe mud flaps on the front and colour code the rear.
I think the mud flaps are going to have to come off anyway when I get the rear sills done so I think I'll get them done if I am going to do them then.

I'm really happy with the way the rims look on the car as well. Just got to do some touching up where there is some curbing damage but it's nothing major and with me having another 2 sets to do they can wait for now.

And looking at the weather outside you can really tell I've washed it today. It is absolutely tipping it down now.

phil58hatch

#7 Post by phil58hatch » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

:D Smart Car! Look's clean! Wheel's Look Great! :clapping (just don't tip it over! :laughing)...have you started on any of the repair's yet? bet,you've got a list of thing's you want to do..to make it your own,beside's the bit's & bob's of repair's/improvement's? anyway..best of luck with the new venture,it really is a nice looking package! :thumbup1
:cool PHIL.
LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....
"ROSIE" 1993 214 Sli Flame Red / Tempest Grey *Show Car* # S O L D #
*1ST Show* ""BEST HATCH" >> 21st Birthday Bash 2010

harkins77

#8 Post by harkins77 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:31 pm

phil58hatch wrote::D Smart Car! Look's clean! Wheel's Look Great! :clapping (just don't tip it over! :laughing)...have you started on any of the repair's yet? bet,you've got a list of thing's you want to do..to make it your own,beside's the bit's & bob's of repair's/improvement's? anyway..best of luck with the new venture,it really is a nice looking package! :thumbup1
Thanks Phil. Don't worry it won't be able to be tipped over soon. I have a cunning plan to stop that happening and it should be sorted hopefully soon. With regards to the repairs there really is only the sills to be done that is urgent. There is a little leak from the front left of the block but that is usual and I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

There is a little bit of rust at the front part of one of the arches just starting as well and there is a little whitening going on with the paint on the n/s rear quarter which will need sorting over time but again that is something I'm not too worried about at the moment. I'm just concentrating on getting myself well at the moment after my surgery. So any work that is being carried out is a little at a time.

I will of course keep you all updated on how I'm getting on with the work being carried out.

phil58hatch

#9 Post by phil58hatch » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

:thumbup1 Great stuff,the meaning about not tipping it over..was not to show your rusty sill's & hole's!!! :laughing had noticed on your thread's,you were having surgery..hope everything went O.K,and you get fit soon! & get that COOl car of your's sorted out! :clapping
LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....

harkins77

#10 Post by harkins77 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Phil

The surgery was successful in the way as I came out of it without any severe infections but the part itself hasn't worked without tweeking. I've already had it tweeked once to increase the flow of fluid coming from my small ventricles but even after that change I'm still in pain. And I'm back at the hospital tomorrow to get my stitches out and speak to the surgeon to ask what else can be done.

Not only that I've just found out today I might be losing my job or at least being made to make the decision of taking voluntary redundancy instead of being forced to work more hours and travel further to York instead of Northallerton where I currently work. This was totally the last thing I need ontop of my condition.

With regards to the GTI I'm hoping I'm going to get the suspension swapped over this week sometime. If I can find somewhere dry to work as it's not possible where I live. I'm going to be asking my grandfather if I can use his garage to do the work tomorrow and see if I do it on the weekend as I really want to get the suspension out of the way before I tackle the rusty sills problem.

If anyone would like to lend a hand to change it over it would be appreciated. I've already had an offer from a member of another forum from Newcastle to come down and help but I think more the merrier.

roverman1

#11 Post by roverman1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 pm

harkins77 wrote:Hi Phil

The surgery was successful in the way as I came out of it without any severe infections but the part itself hasn't worked without tweeking. I've already had it tweeked once to increase the flow of fluid coming from my small ventricles but even after that change I'm still in pain. And I'm back at the hospital tomorrow to get my stitches out and speak to the surgeon to ask what else can be done.

Not only that I've just found out today I might be losing my job or at least being made to make the decision of taking voluntary redundancy instead of being forced to work more hours and travel further to York instead of Northallerton where I currently work. This was totally the last thing I need ontop of my condition.

With regards to the GTI I'm hoping I'm going to get the suspension swapped over this week sometime. If I can find somewhere dry to work as it's not possible where I live. I'm going to be asking my grandfather if I can use his garage to do the work tomorrow and see if I do it on the weekend as I really want to get the suspension out of the way before I tackle the rusty sills problem.

If anyone would like to lend a hand to change it over it would be appreciated. I've already had an offer from a member of another forum from Newcastle to come down and help but I think more the merrier.
Hope things will work out with the hospital and with your job it's not the sort of thing you want to hear.
If i lived closer i would be over there to give you a hand :) lets just hope it goes smoothly and you don't encounter any seized and rusty bolts.

nuff said!

harkins77

#12 Post by harkins77 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks Neil appreciated and I know you would be down in a shot to help.

If the weather is alright tomorrow I'm going to attack the bolts with some WD40 and if possible keep doing it until the weekend. If the car I got the replacement suspension was anything to go by I should have a little bit of work to do to get the old ones off but I'll see when we get on with it.

I'm just panicking if I have to cut off the bolts off about getting some replacement bolts from somewhere.

roverman1

#13 Post by roverman1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 pm

From memory working on my old sli it was the rear suspension bolts that always put up a fight, the fronts for some reason were much easier.

nuff said!

harkins77

#14 Post by harkins77 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for that info. Hopefully they will all come loose without a fight.

phil58hatch

#15 Post by phil58hatch » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

:) Yeah,IF i was a lot nearer would have helped...Just take your time,take it easy,get well soon..sure you find someone closer to you able to help?
:sad sorry, to hear about the job problem's...good luck!