Late Rover 25 Fob Programming

Having problems with your 200 or 400? This is the place for asking advice and help on technical problems. Resident experts will be on hand to help you keep your car in tip top condition

Moderator: Forum Staff

cybercontroller

Late Rover 25 Fob Programming

#1 Post by cybercontroller » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am

Not able to find anything specifically so asking the questions.

Two keys and fobs came with the 2005 Rover 25, One fob works fine abut the other does not. The seller told me he had changed the battery but the unlock and turning off the immobiliser button did not work. I have seen a refurbishment service on ebay and wanted to check how good they were as that would seem to be the way forward on that.
I have also since acquired a second hand fob and wondered how easy it is to get reprogrammed. It says 433MHz on the back

RoverRevival
Club Member

Re: Late Rover 25 Fob Programming

#2 Post by RoverRevival » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am

As far as I’m aware my Pscan can do them but don’t quote me.
Pastor @ Rover Revival NFP Garage
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
Mercedes C270 diesel P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
For Sale:
45 1.8 auto Connie 50k SOLD
25 Streetwise 54k
620 SLI Honda 60k
& C3

Roverlike

#3 Post by Roverlike » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Second hand Pektron fobs are useless as you cannot program them to your car. In order to program Pektron fob it must be new fob with bar code included with the fob. Then this bar code can be entered within diagnostic tool like pscan (yes pscan can program Pektron fobs) in order for your Pektron alarm system (or BCU or SCU however you would like to call it) to recognise new fob.

Regarding refurbishment of Pektron fob it can be used if microswitches or plastic case are worn. However you must be sure your fob was working previously. You say that unlock button does not work, but does lock button work on your second fob?

cybercontroller

#4 Post by cybercontroller » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Thanks for the answer, the second hand one is only good for parts but the second one that cam with the car I was told worked apart from the unlock so it would be worth getting refurbed.