Hi everyone...a Baboon with a cabby

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Baboon

Hi everyone...a Baboon with a cabby

#1 Post by Baboon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Just wanted to say hi...just got a rover cabby R reg...from my mother that is needing a fair bit of love..i believe it is one of the last 60 made a purple pearl wirh silver grey leather interia....just wondered if you can still get plate that back of roof bolts too. Only thin moon shape...many thanks karl...

961tat
Club Member

Re: Hi everyone...a Baboon with a cabby

#2 Post by 961tat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Not available but I do have some spare ones , depends on how bad yours is , they will clean up if there's any metal left on them , shot blast and paint.

As long as the lip for hood is not rotten they are ok to use , the rubber trim finisher can be screwed on at each side as normal and mastic in the middle if the lip for fixing as rotten .

Baboon

#3 Post by Baboon » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi i think it is bad from what i can remember.i am going to collect car from my parents tomoz ..how much would you want for one and would you package up if i sort a courier...cheers karl..

961tat
Club Member

#4 Post by 961tat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Your best of getting yours off first and post a picture you might think it bad but I have repair a few of these and would want yours in exchange .

Baboon

#5 Post by Baboon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Been to have a look at it today...looks prety bollx to be honest..its the plate under the rubber below roof...i am getting car from my parents as they have just left it at side of house for last 9 months..as mum cant get into it through ill health..but has always been left out no cover..looks like it will need alot of love ..roof needs work and body .but i believe it is one of the last 60 made...puple pearl paint with silver grey leather uphol...i will try and get off plate when i get chance and send you pics...but just ordred winter cover so wait till it comes before start taking bits..😁😁 thanks again for any your reply and advice ...karl