Superflex Bushes

Use this board for any non-technical 200 or 400 related topic including motorsport, trivia, insurance matters etc.
The Origina lNom

Superflex Bushes

#1 Post by The Origina lNom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Just received some new lower shock absorber bushes for my R400, I thought they'd sent the wrong ones because they were black.
After emailing Superflex UK questioning the colours. I received this email in return

Guide to Hardness Selection
It has become necessary to dispel many myths & misconceptions on application of hardness caused by imitation.

SuperFlex grades are all pre determined in hardness suitable for road to fast road use. As a customer, you do not have to choose the hardness, unless there is an option on our listings.

On some cars many production hardness grades are applied in various positions around the car, depending on the load in that location – as tested and pre determined by us.

Colours of SuperFlex bushes do not identify hardness, with the exception of 95 shore which is primarily produced in red. Colour codes are still applied so some of our universal hotrod/kit car bushes

To simply blanket a car with one hardness and call it: comfort, dynamic, performance, race, road or touring displays compromise or limited production capability and doesn’t work.

See selection chart below - based on over 25 years PU marketing experience:

Guide to Hardness Selection
50, 60, 70 Shore - Typically subframe mountings, replacement of pu foam shock mounts etc. where low NVH is a priority and situations where compliance is desirable.
80, 88 Shore - Typically wishbone, radius rod, non coil over shock eye bushes
90 Shore - Typically leaf spring eyes or more heavily loaded wishbones & radius arms, trunnion bushes where replacing rubber
95 Shore - Typically intensely loaded coil over shock bushes, trunnion bushes where replacing nylon.
For certain applications we can make bushes typically in firmer grades to special order. The lead time for this service is 2 weeks.
It would seem that red bushes are the hardest.
If you are in doubt buy direct from the Superflex website.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by The Origina lNom on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GTiJohn
Club Chairman

Re: Superflex Bushes

#2 Post by GTiJohn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:10 pm

I didn't :D
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

The Origina lNom

#3 Post by The Origina lNom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 am

Updated following my dissatisfaction with different eBay seller explanations.

JOHNDQ

#4 Post by JOHNDQ » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:11 pm

You may be getting mixed up with Powerflex there bushes are different colours for hardness

The Origina lNom

#5 Post by The Origina lNom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Yes,partly but the explanations of colour/hardness from different eBay sellers varied greatly.
On one occasion, having ordered a set of Superflex bushes from an eBay listing featuring a pic of proper Superflex bushes what arrived was a pair of no name bushes in a different colour to that ordered.
On receiving my eBay complaint, I was told that they were 'all thev same thing' but to send them back. I sent them back by return post and was refunded for the item but not the return postage. After being refused a refund for the postage I escalated the complaint by telephone call. eBay refunded me the return postage.
I still see the seller's listings for all manner of MGR parts but he blocked me from bidding on any of his listings.
If I desperately need something he is selling then I get a friend to order it on his eBay account.

1234dist
Club Member

#6 Post by 1234dist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:26 pm

If you want superflex and are ordering enough, just go through me, I’m a distributor.
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT (issues :glare )
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R220OVR
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP