R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

The place to suggest or organise future social events, meetings and get-togethers.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Message
Author
Topcat Tomcat
Club Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:36 am
Location: Worcestershire

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#31 Post by Topcat Tomcat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:19 am

I'm glad to see it went well. I would have liked to be there, but I was just too tired. :sad
Topcat Tomcat (aka Conductorwomble)

1990 216 GSi Auto 5 Door
1995 214 iS 3 Door
2001 1.8 Connie 45 4 Door - Wedgewood Blue
2005 1.6 GSi 45 5 Door - Firefrost

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#32 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 am

It really was a Grand Day out!

We had a great turn-out (thanks to Jon L for the outdoor pics), we met several new members and even signed up a new member on the day :D

The AGM took place inside the museum's storage/display area, on the top deck of one of their open-top busses. As you'll see social distancing was good for a semi-indoor location

Image

The AGM went well with good discussions on several topics and we are in an even better place with John Frewen-Lord now in place to take over as editor of The Viking and Iain Turner has offered to 'apprentice' to Paul Vincent on Events. The other committee members stay in post.

Summary notes will be published shortly.

Jeremy was happy to be upstairs in a bus for a change :laughing2

Image

and we can confirm that the wheels on the bus did go round and round when we had an enjoyable jaunt 'round the local area in the museum's other open topper. I'm sure someone has a pic of that they can post... :cool
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

henryiett
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#33 Post by henryiett » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am

It looks like it was a enjoyable and fruitful day
Rover 214si 1990

Colonel Mustard
Site Admin
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#34 Post by Colonel Mustard » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:08 pm

GTiJohn wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 am
I'm sure someone has a pic of that they can post... :cool
Happy to oblige....

Image

Other photos on the website: https://rover200.org.uk/events/past-events/2021#2021AGM

Michelle
Club Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#35 Post by Michelle » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:41 pm

It was a good day it was nice to meet you all first time meet you all.

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#36 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Roverlike wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:37 am
@GTiJohn I did not know white vi has rear parking sensors. I imagine these are aftermarket since original Rover 200 series were only three of them and differently mounted (more deep into bumper)?
These were fitted by the dealer when the car was ordered new by the first owner. I'm not sure whose system it is but it works well, with an audible warning and a reverse-image countdown attached to the rear of the headlining - it is the right way round in the rear-view mirror!
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#37 Post by GTiJohn » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:08 pm
GTiJohn wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 am
I'm sure someone has a pic of that they can post... :cool
Happy to oblige....

Image
A uncanny resemblance to the emoji I'd say :cool :laughing2
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Roverlike
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:12 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#38 Post by Roverlike » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:06 pm

GTiJohn wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Roverlike wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:37 am
@GTiJohn I did not know white vi has rear parking sensors. I imagine these are aftermarket since original Rover 200 series were only three of them and differently mounted (more deep into bumper)?
These were fitted by the dealer when the car was ordered new by the first owner. I'm not sure whose system it is but it works well, with an audible warning and a reverse-image countdown attached to the rear of the headlining - it is the right way round in the rear-view mirror!
Do you by any chance have picture by countdown attached to the rear of the headlining?

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#39 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm

He's the view of most of the attendees from the front seats

Image
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

User avatar
GTiJohn
Club Chairman
Posts: 5558
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#40 Post by GTiJohn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Roverlike wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:06 pm
GTiJohn wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Roverlike wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:37 am
@GTiJohn I did not know white vi has rear parking sensors. I imagine these are aftermarket since original Rover 200 series were only three of them and differently mounted (more deep into bumper)?
These were fitted by the dealer when the car was ordered new by the first owner. I'm not sure whose system it is but it works well, with an audible warning and a reverse-image countdown attached to the rear of the headlining - it is the right way round in the rear-view mirror!
Do you by any chance have picture by countdown attached to the rear of the headlining?
This shows 0.5m not 2.0m :laughing2

Image
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Roverlike
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:12 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#41 Post by Roverlike » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:38 am

Thanks for picture. This is an aftermarket parking sensors kit. Original Rover has different visual warning panel.

lotus3512
Club Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: R200OC AGM 2021 Sunday 10th Oct

#42 Post by lotus3512 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 pm

Brings back memories of the aftermarket sensors my dad had on his old Land Cruiser... Much superior to the actual factory ones on his current '10 Land Cruiser which were permanently solid red screaming whenever you went through reverse in the auto box, that is until they were unplugged about 7 years ago *laughs*
H828 EWL - 1990 Rover 416GSi
H592 DOD - 1991 Rover 214S

Post Reply