FS; Early 216 GSi

Cars or parts on Ebay that are Rover 200/400 related.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Message
Author
montegoman
Membership Secretary
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm
Location: North Bucks

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#16 Post by montegoman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:52 am

Correct Tim!
214SLi H706JPJ
214GSi G79XKV (No.1)
75 2.5 Connoisseur SE Tourer (15 yrs of ownership)

Mr Teddy Bear
Club Member
Posts: 1940
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#17 Post by Mr Teddy Bear » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:54 am

:laughing2
Teddy Bear

216 Sli SRS Charcoal Met 1996

216 GTi Flame Red 1992

414Si British Racing Green 1995

216GTi TC Ocean Blue 1993

Paul_1978_yorks
Club Member
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Wakefield, West Yorks
Contact:

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#18 Post by Paul_1978_yorks » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Mr Teddy Bear wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 am
Fourway electric windows & full leather seats I think; an electric sunroof with a wind deflector was standard on a GSi at a guess.
Thanks Tim

Funnily enough my Tourer doesn’t have a chrome wind deflector on the sunroof, but all my previous R8’s within sunroofs have.
Last edited by Paul_1978_yorks on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Club Social Media Sec. (Twitter/Instagram)
Current:
1996-N Nightfire 420 GSi Tourer (on the road)
1996-N Charcoal 214 SEi (off the road)
2005 Volvo V50 1.8 Sport (daily)
Former:
214 SEi x3
216 SLi
216 Cabriolet
416 GSi
25/45/75

montegoman
Membership Secretary
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm
Location: North Bucks

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#19 Post by montegoman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm

The omission of the chrome wind deflector was a cost cutting move.
214SLi H706JPJ
214GSi G79XKV (No.1)
75 2.5 Connoisseur SE Tourer (15 yrs of ownership)

Paul_1978_yorks
Club Member
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Wakefield, West Yorks
Contact:

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#20 Post by Paul_1978_yorks » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:10 pm

montegoman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm
The omission of the chrome wind deflector was a cost cutting move.
They must have cost all of about £5 each!
Club Social Media Sec. (Twitter/Instagram)
Current:
1996-N Nightfire 420 GSi Tourer (on the road)
1996-N Charcoal 214 SEi (off the road)
2005 Volvo V50 1.8 Sport (daily)
Former:
214 SEi x3
216 SLi
216 Cabriolet
416 GSi
25/45/75

User avatar
Johnny 216GSi
Club Treasurer
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:17 pm
Location: Birmingham - the home of Rover!

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#21 Post by Johnny 216GSi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Paul_1978_yorks wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:10 pm
montegoman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm
The omission of the chrome wind deflector was a cost cutting move.
They must have cost all of about £5 each!
...Multiplied by 1 million car sales = £5 million in additional profit - not to be sneezed at. I'm sure motor manufacturers "penny pinch" on every part of a car as the impact on profits when all those little cost-cutting measures and sales volumes are combined together is huge.
Rover 216GSi K reg. Flame Red over Tempest Grey

Image Image

Paul_1978_yorks
Club Member
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Wakefield, West Yorks
Contact:

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#22 Post by Paul_1978_yorks » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Johnny 216GSi wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 pm
Paul_1978_yorks wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:10 pm
montegoman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 pm
The omission of the chrome wind deflector was a cost cutting move.
They must have cost all of about £5 each!
...Multiplied by 1 million car sales = £5 million in additional profit - not to be sneezed at. I'm sure motor manufacturers "penny pinch" on every part of a car as the impact on profits when all those little cost-cutting measures and sales volumes are combined together is huge.
Ha yes, fair point - the car was a consistently top seller in its heyday!
Club Social Media Sec. (Twitter/Instagram)
Current:
1996-N Nightfire 420 GSi Tourer (on the road)
1996-N Charcoal 214 SEi (off the road)
2005 Volvo V50 1.8 Sport (daily)
Former:
214 SEi x3
216 SLi
216 Cabriolet
416 GSi
25/45/75

engtmitc
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:10 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: FS; Early 216 GSi

#23 Post by engtmitc » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Been checking parts availability, doesn't look like you can get most of the coolant hoses for these unless I'm mistaken? Had a look under Concerto as well.
1995 220 Coupe Turbo flame red - now BACK

Post Reply